CLIMB NEW HEIGHTS
- Over Two Miles of Boardwalk
- Theaters w Broadway Performances
- The Finest East Coast Golf Courses
- Surfing & Kayaking venues
- Williamsburg Prime Outlets
- Norfolk Premium Outlets
- Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center
- Whale & Dolphin Watching
- Chrysler Museum of Art
- Children's Museum of Virginia (Portsmouth)
- Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art
- Virginia Zoo in Norfolk
- Music Festivals
- Busch Gardens Williamsburg
- Ocean Breeze Water Park
- Kings Dominion
- Verizon Wireless VA Beach Amphitheater
- Great Wolfe Lodge
- First Landing State Park
- Surf and Deep-Sea Fishing
- Camp Grounds
- Norfolk Botanical Garden
- Virginia Beach Convention Center
- Free Seasonal Boardwalk Entertainment
- Cape Henry Lighthouses
- Edgar Cayce’s Association for Research
- Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown
- Oceana Naval Air Station
- MacArthur Center
- Nauticus and USS Wisconsin
Virginia Beach contains many high-caliber, single-family neighborhoods where beaches, oceanfront and popular attractions are only minutes away.
Norfolk, Va., nestled where the Chesapeake Bay meets the Atlantic Ocean, is a friendly, modern port city rich with historic attractions, world-class museums, shopping and dining.
Norfolk’s Historic Ghent area is a diverse urban destination complete with a unique blend of fine restaurants, boutiques, cafes, shopping and quiet residential neighborhoods.
TAKE IT FROM THEM
Our staff members primarily live in Norfolk and Virginia Beach but also live elsewhere in Hampton Roads, such as Chesapeake, Portsmouth, and Suffolk. All the cities of the region have economies and lifestyles that revolve around the waters of the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean.
"In my 16 years as a nurse anesthetist, I have had jobs all over the country. I have learned throughout my career that the things I value in my job change as my life changes.
The best part about being with Atlantic Anesthesia for the last twelve years is that I can find exactly what I am looking for at whichever phase I am in my life and career, big case or small. Not to mention the teamwork and mutual respect at Atlantic Anesthesia is unrivaled by any place I have ever worked."
- Bonnie Keaveny
"I love working for Atlantic Anesthesia. I will highlight the three most important aspects of my experience. First, the range of cases and opportunity for learning is tremendous. I work mainly at Norfolk General, which is a Level I trauma center with high risk OB and vascular, neuro, urology, and general surgery cases. The second big draw is the people I work with. We have CRNAs from different programs who are great coworkers and friends; not to mention excellent resources for more complicated cases."
"Additionally, there is a great collegial working environment with our anesthesiologists. The final perk of this job is location. Living in Hampton Roads gives you access to cities, beaches, and countryside in a matter of minutes. You can always find something new and exciting to do whether it be an outdoor activity or a trendy new restaurant. Hampton Roads is by far one of the best places to live in the country."
- Lauren Goodman
- Most CRNAs love our schedule - you are assigned shifts (not numbers) so you know when you are going home each day.
- Very little call - probably 1 day every 4-5 months and it is swappable with your peers.
- Scheduled shifts of 8, 10, and 12 hours available.
- Plenty of 12-hour shifts.
- Weekends and night shifts only a few times per year.