ATLANTIC ANESTHESIA, INC. PRACTICE PROFILE
Now Hiring New Grads – starting salary $170,000 with a $20,000 sign-on bonus and 5+ weeks of vacation.
ABOUT ATLANTIC ANESTHESIA
Our dedicated and motivated CRNA staff is at the core of realizing our mission to deliver excellent results through service to our patients, surgeons and hospitals. We recruit and hire only the most talented individuals and in return offer an attractive package here in the Virginia Beach/Norfolk area. We invite you to explore the ways in which we believe we offer a unique and exciting environment in which to work. Please browse our brochure, available in PDF format, to explore the possibilities that await you in Hampton Roads.
It’s simple, WE WANT TO HELP PEOPLE! Our dedicated and motivated CRNA staff is at the core of realizing our mission to deliver excellent results through service to our patients, surgeons and hospitals.
Atlantic Anesthesia, Inc. provides anesthesia services to three hospitals and four ambulatory surgery centers in Norfolk and Virginia Beach:
• Sentara Norfolk General (569 beds)
• Sentara Leigh Memorial Hospital (250 beds) Sentara Leigh Ambulatory Surgery Center
• Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital (274 beds) Virginia Beach Ambulatory Surgery Center
• Chesapeake Regional ASC in Virginia Beach
The total case load among all facilities averages 60,000 procedures per year and 6,000 deliveries per year. We provide anesthesia services for a large variety of surgical procedures, with a case mixture that includes general, trauma, bariatric, ENT, orthopedic, vascular, neurosurgery, ophthalmology, obstetric, and others.
CRNAs at Atlantic Anesthesia, Inc. work 8hr, 10hr, or 12hr shifts and rotate among facilities. 7pm-7am in-house night shifts are predominantly covered by a small subset of “night” anesthetists. “Day” CRNAs are scheduled an average of 2 nights per year and 2 weekends per year. There is a financial incentive for CRNAs working the hours from 5pm to 7am and weekends. Moonlighting opportunities are available. Any CRNAs taking a 12hr in-house night shift will have the following day off. This plan allows CRNAs to work a condensed schedule or work overtime if desired. CRNAs are not required to work overtime unless they choose to do so. The average work week is 36-40 hours.
As one of our CRNAs, you can gain valuable teaching experience due to our proximity to Old Dominion University, whose students practice at Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital and Sentara Norfolk General Hospital; Old Dominion University’s.
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Disability Insurance
• 401K/Profit Sharing
CRNA JOB SEARCH “101”
The 3 most important things in your job search:
1. Is the Health System Sound? - Yes, Sentara is a 13-hospital system with $4+ billion in revenues
2. Is the Group Sound? – Yes, Atlantic Anesthesia, Inc. has been in business since 1965
3. Where do I want to live? – The most important thing! – Yes, the Virginia Beach area is a great place to live
WHY YOU SHOULD MOVE TO THE THE VIRGINIA BEACH AREA
Google “Hampton Roads Virginia” which includes: Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Hampton, Newport News, Williamsburg offers a wide variety of fun:
- Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Great Wolfe Lodge
- Ocean Breeze Water Park
- Music Festivals including "Something In The Water"
- Norfolk Premium Outlets
- Prime Outlets, Williamsburg
- Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown
- Verizon Wireless Virginia Beach Amphitheater
- Town Center Chrysler Museum of Art
- Contemporary Arts Center of Virginia
- MacArthur Center, Nauticus, and USS Wisconsin
- Whale and Dolphin Watching
- Some of the Finest Golf Courses on the East Coast
- . . . And oh, so much more!
VIRGINIA IS ONE OF THE BEST STATES FOR CRNAs TO LIVE IN
With a high enough starting salary of $170,000 – $250,000 we’re offering you to move to the state with one of the best cost of living for CRNAs.
Here are the top 10 paid states for CRNAs:
10 North Dakota
8 Washington, DC
3 New Hampshire
1 New York
If you compare the cost of living index in these states you will see that Virginia is on the 9th place, being one of the most affordable states to live in on the list.
11 Nebraska 93.3
10 North Dakota 98.7
9 Virginia 102.0
8 New Hampshire 109.3
7 Washington, DC 109.5
6 Vermont 118.7
5 Maryland 131.3
4 Massachusetts 133.8
3 New York 135.7
2 California 138.7
1 Hawaii 190.1
This easily makes Virginia one of the best places with affordable cost of living and a very competitive salary for CRNAs to live in.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested, give our Administrator, Stephen Cyrus a call at (757) 473-0055
or fax your resume to us at (757) 473-0075 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org